Sunday, February 8, 2009

Step Up

Last week was our church's annual general meeting. I'm a church member, and I'm 23. So, I went and sat through the reports on expenses, givings, attendance and all that. I even gave a report of my own (I serve on a couple of committees). I was happy to see a few other members of my age group there, but at the same time I know there were a number of us who weren't there. In the past, I've always heard people telling the younger crowd that they need to come out to these meetings if they want to "have their voices heard". But to me, those days are passing. The fact is we need to accept that we are now adults and we need to being to be the ones to lead the church or else soon there will be nobody doing it. We need to take responsibility for our churches and our roles in them. No more consumerism, let's give back.

No comments: