Sunday, December 28, 2008

On the journey...

And so my journey continues. I feel excited these days. I really feel like I am being called to use my gifts for God in some way, but I don't know how yet. I am excited about our small group and the younger members who are yearning to be closer to God.

I am currently reading the book "Be the Change" by Zach Hunter. Zach Hunter is one of those annoyingly active teenagers who seems to have accomplished so much. God has really used him and sometimes I wonder why I haven't been used in the same way. I think it is part of the corruption of ministry for us to forget that God values high profile ministry as much as he does one of His people touching the life of one person who needs it. While I hope to be inspired by this book I need to keep that in mind.

I just finished the book "Jesus Wants to Save Christians". I really found it to have some interesting insight and I will be writing more about some of the issues it raises soon.

No comments: